This article was written to help those with diabetes learn ways to cope with the problems that comes with diabetes. Take a few minutes to read through it and you are sure to learn some helpful tips and advice about diabetes. Vinegar helps to keep blood sugar spikes at bay for diabetics who eat it during a meal. Some people actually recommend drinking it straight before you eat! I like to sprinkle it on a salad, or douse my vegetables in it. It’s also great for marinating meats! It’s extremely versatile.
- Any exercise regimen for a diabetic who is looking to loose weight should include both cardiovascular exercises and weight training. Cardio is a great way to work up a sweat and burn fat. But, studies have shown that weight training also helps boost the metabolism and turn fat into muscle.
- There are many Diabetic communities throughout the nation, so ask your doctor to find one nearby for you to visit. You’ll find that the people who attend have great tips and tricks that they’re using, and the medical personnel who attend can answer all of your questions. They’re all in the same boat as you and are there to support you in your journey!
- If you are hypoglycemic, you should always have gum or some other type of sugary food handy. Hypoglycemic attacks can happen anywhere, and you need to be prepared. This is especially significant if you are prone to avoiding breakfast, which results in the body feeling a significant need for sugar.
- To allow yourself to still enjoy your favorite foods, make simple substitutions. Collard greens can be made with turkey broth instead of ham hock, and ground beef can easily be replaced by ground turkey. Try purchasing a diabetes cookbook. You may find that you can keep on eating many of your favorite meals.
- eBay is a great place to pick up exercise equipment to help you keep your Diabetes under control. Many people will pick up all the stuff they need to lose weight after making a New Year’s resolution, only to give up by March. This is the best time to scour the site for huge discounts.
How to Cure:
- You must consider fruit and high-glycemic index vegetables very carefully when planning a diet for Diabetes. Many fruits contain a LOT of sugar, which can affect your blood glucose adversely. Vegetables can cause the same problems, especially in juice form, including carrots, peas, and corn. Try to stick to low GI items like broccoli or apples which are rich in fiber.
- Even if you “only” have Gestational Diabetes, it is especially important for you to monitor your blood glucose levels. Your baby will be impacted by the slightest peak you might have as the insulin does cross the placenta, so make sure to keep your levels even so your baby will grow normally.
- One of the most difficult things to remember for a newly-diagnosed diabetic is the importance of monitoring glucose levels diligently. Over time, failure to do so can lead to irreversible damage to the nerves and blood vessels throughout the entire body. These types of damage can lead to problems with emotional, cardiovascular, and sexual health.
- To make sure your family understands your needs, take the time to explain diabetes to them. Discussing your condition with them will give them valuable knowledge they can use to help you in a crisis. It will also make them aware of things they can do to help. You may even find that talking about your diabetes is very cathartic.
- If you have diabetes, it is important that you learn to recognize high glycemic index foods. These types of foods will make your blood sugar rise very fast, which can be dangerous. If you are not sure which foods fall into this category, take your time when food shopping to read the food labels.
Learning about diabetes and getting the tips to help you deal with the disease is the first step to making some positive changes in your life. You are sure to benefit from taking the time to learn the information that was included in this article. Apply the tips to your life and live with a few less interruptions from the disease.