If you have never gotten a massage, you probably think it is a rather simple process of someone merely rubbing your body. However, the process is much more complicated than you would think, due to all the numerous styles there are. Continue reading to learn more about massages and how they can benefit you. When you head out to get a massage, be open-minded about all there is to offer. If you are a first-timer when it comes to getting a massage, you will more than likely find some techniques or approaches rather unusual. Refrain from allowing fear to take over, and just enjoy the process. Just let them do the work and relax. Here we share Easy Advice For Your Next Soothing Massage.
Tips to follow:
- Feeling a little blue? Go get a massage! The health benefits of massage are numerous, and studies have shown that one of the benefits of massage is elevated serotonin. Serotonin is a neurochemical that makes us feel happy, yet lack of sleep, hormone fluctuations, gloomy weather and poor diets can lower your body’s natural serotonin stores.
- If you have stretch marks resulting from losing excessive weight or after pregnancy, you have likely tried many things to get rid of them. Massage your stretch marks using coco butter every night before bed, and you will soon see the marks disappear! This will result in tissue growth, helping the stretch marks appear less prominent.
- Test different oils on someone’s skin before you give them a massage. People’s bodies may have a different reaction to oils, so do your due diligence to find the one that is best for them. Oil helps improve the massage process, and as such, are crucial to the job you are doing.
- When giving a massage, it is very important that you use oil or lotion. Massage oils can increase the movements of the soft tissue. Using oil will minimize the pinching and tugging feel on the skin. Massage oils come in all different varieties. They include aromatherapy and provide lubrication and nutrients.
How to Do:
- Do not get up immediately after your massage, especially when receiving a deep tissue massage. Most people will experience bouts of dizziness or feeling light-headed if the body has not had time to process the ministrations of the masseuse. Relax a bit more and let your body regulate itself before you get back to your day.
- Do a little self-massage to work out kinks. Begin by using the thumb on outside areas of the body. Begin with your extremities, moving from the lowest point to the highest point. If you massage this way after you awake in the morning, your body can be re-energized for the day’s challenges. A nighttime massage helps you relax and relieves stress.
- Schedule your massages smartly. If you usually get sleepy after a massage, you should avoid getting one before you have to go to work. However, if massages help you get some energy, do not hesitate to schedule a massage before you have to go through a stressful day at work.
- If you suffer from PMS each month with excessive water retention and cramping, there just might be some help for you. The power of massage has been shown to help reduce that unsightly water retention so that your pants will fit a little easier. It also can help relieve the pain that comes with cramps.
- When you’re stressed out or feeling emotional, aromatherapy massage is for you. The therapist will use essential oils while massaging your skin. They know exactly which oils will give you energy, relax you or help to bust stress. Lavender is frequently used to calm your mind and body, allowing you some peace.
A great place to start with a massage is the back. When you start on your partner’s back, you will give their body an overall relaxation that is more conducive to massaging the rest of the body. The quicker you can get their entire body to relax, the more beneficial the entire massage will be. It involves much more than a person just rubbing you. There are all kinds of methods and techniques that can be utilized, which can all very beneficial for your body. With this new knowledge, go and get the best massage of your life.