Start working towards a healthier, active set of goals and you will find that life becomes more enjoyable. A great reward as your reach these milestones is the classical massage. Spending a couple of hours on the massage chair each month will remind you why you what you are fighting for in the first place. One great massage technique that you can do for your partner is called raking. Raking means that you spread your hands out, and using your fingertips, you rake up one side of the back right by the spine while you rake downward on the other side with your other hand. Enjoy An Incredible Massage With These Ideas
Tips to follow:
- Remember that you will experience new things when going in for a massage. Try not to be alarmed by the different techniques your therapist uses if you are new to the whole massage experience. Do not let this dissuade you from enjoying yourself. Just relax; it’s up to the masseuse to serve you.
- If a person wants a deeper massage, be careful on how much oil, you use. Yes, oil feels great on a person’s back and causes less friction, but the latter is the problem for deeper tissue massage. Without that friction, you won’t be able to offer a deep massage, as your hands will constantly slide. Minimize this issue by using just enough oil for the massage to be comfortable, but not so much that you lose all friction.
- Use slow movements if you want your massage to be calm and soothing. When applying pressure with your fingers, provide support with your other fingers so that you avoid your thumbs from wearing out. Use your weight to avoid fatigue, too.
- When you decide to get a massage, make sure you are communicating with your massage therapist. If you have any massage preferences, make sure you tell him or her when entering the room and before starting. If during the massage you are feeling pain or experiencing numbness, make sure you let your therapist know by speaking up.
How to Do:
- If you are getting a professional massage, tell your massage therapist about any areas that are especially bothering you. The goal is to relax the muscles and address your issue areas. Your therapist does not know you, which is why you need to tell him or her about your problems. They will be able to help you out best.
- Wash your feet ahead of a full-body massage. Your feet harbor bacteria and fungus, which can be unknowingly spread by your masseuse to the rest of the body as they work. Just a thorough cleaning prior to the massage can do you a lot of good!
- Communicate with your massage therapist. Your masseuse is most likely not a mind reader, so let them know if an area of your body needs a little extra attention. Whether your shoulders are a mess from being hunched over a desk or your legs are sore from a marathon workout, speak up.
- Try using your fists to give a good massage. Gently thump on the area that is painful or tense after warming the muscles with a more gentler techniques. Thumping is excellent for circulation and will cause the entire muscle to relax almost instantly. Avoid using this technique on someone who has to take blood thinners to prevent bruising.
- Have the person you are massaging lie on a flat surface while on their stomach. This is the most beneficial position when you are giving a massage, as it allows their back muscles to stay loose while there is nothing pressing against it. You will want their position to be loose and free at all times.
Apply a small dose of moisturizer on your dry skin and take the time to massage the area. Massaging allows the moisturizer to penetrate the skin to its deeper layers, which means you will get better results. A massage isn’t purely for pleasure. There are many health-related benefits that come from spending time under the trained hands of a professional masseuse. Even if you aren’t working towards a set of goals or achievements, you should still plan some time with your local massage parlor and give your back a break from the stress of everyday life.