Thousands of blogs are being created every year due to their popularity. WordPress is great but it may also be overwhelming for beginners. If you’re new to this platform or just want some advice, read on! Remember to make your sidebar as concise and clean as possible. You don’t want it to be full of 100 links, ads, and buttons. Instead, only put what is important in your sidebar and, if you need more links, put them into submenus which appear when the user mouses over your main menu. For Tips Related To WordPress Read This Article
Top Tips Can Help
- Allow all of the users that visit your site the ability to comment using Facebook. This is a very important tool that will get your name across to hundreds of thousands of people. The Simple Facebook Connect plugin can be used if you want to install this feature on your site.
- Make sure to spend some time learning before even installing WordPress. If you plan ahead, things will flow better once you get started. Learn about SEO, creating content using plugins.
- Do your posts attract a lot of comments? If this is the case, it can be hard to sort through them all. Try using a plugin that adds page numbers to the comment section. This way, navigation will be simpler, and you can organize your site better.
- Many people are responding to video blogs, so consider this option. Video blogging is not only becoming more popular, it is also becoming much easier to use. WordPress, in its current version, makes the use of video blogging easy. This can really increase traffic by drawing those who are less inclined to read.
- Make the greeting shown on the top of your WordPress page inviting. Not only does this personalize your website, it welcomes guests based on how they found your blog. This is much less robotic, which makes things accessible through the plugin.
- If you upload changes to your WordPress site, but they don’t appear to have taken effect, try to refresh from a clear cache. Hold shift as you click the reload icon in your browser, or hold shift-ctrl-r at the same time. This will give you a clean version of your site which should be updated.
How to do:
- Always back up your blog. This is an important step in ensuring that you don’t lose your entire blog. Try using a WordPress plugin like Xcloner. Create a back up of your blog using any method that you are comfortable with; just be sure to create multiple backups. It could be devastating to lose your whole blog.
- Optimize your photo size before uploading them to your WordPress media library. Photos should be no more than 10 to 15 kilobytes in size. A website is no place for a multi-megabyte sized photo. It’ll slow down your website, which may cause some visitors just to surf elsewhere. Take the few minutes it takes to downsize that photo.
- Try to manage your comments. No one wants to look at spam. Don’t let the spam in your blog’s comment sections get out of hand. Try to eliminate spam entirely or, at least, keep it to a minimum. Install a plugin that can cut down on spam. Delete any spam that slips through in your comments.
- If your WordPress site is running rather slowly, consider adding in a caching plugin. These plugins speed up page loads by caching pages that are rarely changed. This means that your site can increase in speed by 20% to 30% just with the plugin installed. There are a few different options, but W3 Total Cache is very popular.
Make sure that your blog is compatible with mobile phones. By failing to make your blog compatible with mobile phones, you will be missing out on a lot of traffic. Make sure that your page layout will work with mobile phones or use a plugin like WPtouch for the job. The Relevanssi plugin allows you to search your logs to find out what your users are interested in reading. Why does this matter? When you have writer’s block, you can check out the results it provides to know what you should be researching and posting about on your site. You now have, hopefully, a lot more knowledge about WordPress. A lot of people use it, but not many people are truly well-versed in it. The advice in this article will help you a lot, so keep the tips in mind.