If your business or personal website is in need of a boost, then it is time for you to consider blogging. This exciting new form of communication can be an effective way to cultivate closer relationships with clients and in turn,, increase sales. Read on to learn some new techniques for building better blogs. If you don’t post content regularly, then your site traffic will diminish fairly quickly. Have a guestbook or contact information posted as well, so your audience can interact and provide feedback. If your readers are happy with your response, they are more likely to come back. Here we share Smart Blogging Tips That You Should Know.
Tips to Consider:
- An excellent tip for blogging is to make use of WordPress. This particular platform is extremely flexible with the various plug-ins that are used when it comes to blogging. WordPress is being utilized by over 12% of a million of the largest websites. It is currently the most popular CMS being used today.
- Avoid writing blogs about subjects you have no interest in or know nothing about. It will reflect in your writing and you could possibly come across as uninformed in you are unsure of what you are writing about. This can turn readers off and they will avoid revisiting your site.
- Don’t forget to add social media sharing links on your blog. This will ensure that people can share your blog on their profiles for free. Doing this can increase your traffic by quite a bit. It will keep increasing if the content’s good because people can tell their friends which puts you on multiple pages at once.
- Minimize the background “noise”. You want your readers to focus on your words and the point you are trying to make. If your background is not somewhat plain, you will draw the readers focus from your entries. Keep your background to a light or white color without images or other distractions.
- Write blog posts about topics that readers will be interested in. Everyday chores like dusting and doing the laundry really aren’t so interesting. But, absent an innovative, engaging method of discussing such topics, you are unlikely to hold visitors’ interest if you talk about them. Choose topics that will make visitors feel involved, intrigued, or intent on reading further. The point of blogging is to make people want to read what you write.
How to do:
- When feedback is given on your blog, respond to it. However, do not let it emotionally affect you. People will always criticize you no matter what the topic is. Constructive criticism can be a valuable tool, and if you use it effectively, you will improve your blog. If you receive any negative or destructive criticisms, respond to them politely. It can serve as a demonstration of your maturity to your viewers, and increase your reputation.
- Refrain from using blog designs that are similar to MySpace. This means using extremely busy designs that have too much content on your screen, too many animated graphics, etc. Having these busy designs makes it extremely difficult for your readers to read your blog. As a result, they’ll likely leave.
- There are many good blogging platforms available with Blogger and WordPress being the most commonly used services. Both are great free platforms that allow one to quickly set up a blog for free. Blogger has the advantage of allowing commercial content whereas with WordPress you must upgrade to a premium service to post commercial content. Let your purpose for blogging be your guide when choosing a blogging platform.
Guest Posting is a great way to get targeted traffic to your blog. Guest posting is when you write an article on someone else’s blog, which in turn will drive targeted and relevant traffic to your own blog. Just make sure you choose a blog that will send quality traffic to your blog. You can do this by selecting a blog that has a good reputation and already has plenty of traffic heading to their site. Now that you are better informed, you can move forward with confidence in creating those blog posts that get attention and bring site visitors back again and again. Remember that readers want content that both informs and entertains, so choose your style and content, then stick with it. The information you’ve gotten here will help you on your way to becoming an expert blogger.