For many years, WordPress has been a go-to method of creating blogs of various descriptions, and it has gained an impressive following across the world. However, WordPress has the potential to do some amazing things of which not everyone is aware. Keep reading to gain some valuable insights about the true capabilities of WordPress. Make sure that all of the information on your site is current. This is very important as viewers will tend to veer away from your site if it is outdated or pointing out very old information. Spend time each week getting rid of the antiquated material on your website to improve how it looks. The In’s And Out’s Of Working With WordPress
Tips to Follow:
- Encourage your users to share your site with their friends, family and loved ones on the top social media sites. Twitter and Facebook are the most optimal sites that come to mind, as this can get your name across to millions of different people. A social sharing plugin can be used to facilitate this.
- Make use of a landing page. Instead of coming directly to current posts, users will pass through this landing page first. You can use this for a variety of reasons, whether for promoting a product or promoting yourself. Many themes feature a landing page; however, there are also paid options.
- Organize your permalinks. You need to make your links easy for the search engines to find your important information. You should learn proper SEO to do this. In the meantime, you can use WordPress’s included permalink form to clean up links before publication. Cut words down to only the most important ones. Also, try cleverly adding your keywords to your descriptions.
- If you want a post to stay at the top of the page, there is no need to set it’s date way in the future any longer. Instead, go to the post and click on Edit under Visibility. Choose the option which allows you to make the post sticky and enjoy!
- Consider using a password manager. Choosing a secure password for your blog is important. It’s important that your password be difficult to guess and changed regularly. Unfortunately, a password that’s hard to crack can be just as difficult for you to remember. Password managers can be use to randomly generate and keep track of your passwords.
- Be sure to update your plugins. These are a great tool that will make your website more powerful. However, they receive updates just like normal applications. You must be sure to install updates so that you don’t miss important upgrades. Additionally, sometimes plugins stop working if they are not updated regularly.
- Choose a focused keyword for each post or page you create. What would someone be searching for if this is the exact content they want? Be sure to make your key phrases target as simple queries, such as “sailing tips”, are already overrun by thousands of competitors and their websites.
- Optimize your photo size before uploading them to your WordPress media library. Photos should be no more than 10 to 15 kilobytes in size. A website is no place for a multi-megabyte size photo. It’ll slow down your website, which may cause some visitors just to surf elsewhere. Take the few minutes it takes to downsize that photo.
Do not waste your time on reviewing comments before they are post. Instead, Akismet can do this for you. Make sure that “manual approval” does not have a check mark beside it so that the comments go up automatically. If you don’t do that, there really is no point in using Akismet. Use the Comments tab in the WordPress dashboard side bar to keep tabs on who is posting what on your site. This will save you the hassle of getting an email every time someone says something in reply to a post. In the end, you just don’t have time for that! It is worth noting, though, that WordPress can do many things beyond simple content presentation. Use the tips found above as a reference going forward, and it will be possible to squeeze maximum value from WordPress every time it is use.